TAS 50th REUNION EVENTS
FRIDAY (4:00pm – 10:30pm) at TAS
- Opening Ceremonies begin at 5:00 pm on the football field. Welcoming by dignitaries, Deputy Mayor Henry Clark, Chief Williams of Hiawatha, Chief Carr of Curve Lake, Member of Parliament Jeff Leal, Deputy Warden Mary Smith and more)
- Friday Night Lights ~ Jr. & Sr. Griffin’s football home games on the TAS field. All alumni are invited to come out and cheer our Griffin’s on, Jr. Game 6pm and Sr. Game 8m
- At the beginning of both games, Griffin football alumni will ‘High 5’ the Sr/Jr teams as they come onto the field at both game times,
- Alumni and current 2017 football players group photo to be taken ~ ‘Griffin Nation: 50th Anniversary of TAS Football’
- Catering Friday night by alumni Warren Shrubb (food truck style ~ http://www.shrubbcatering.com), alumni will receive a coupon for 2 food items of their choice at the food truck. Anything additional will be cash direct,
- Reunion logo foam fingers will be included in your swag bags ~ What a great way to CHEER on our Sr/Jr Griffin football teams
- Entertainment by alumni Washboard Hank,
- Aerial photos will be taken throughout the evening
SATURDAY (10:00am – 4:00pm) at TAS
- Alumni basketball, soccer, volleyball and field hockey games,
- Sweets provided by the TAS Foods students
ALL WEEKEND at TAS
- 50th Reunion swag bags provided to all alumni who have purchased tickets by the deadline (lots of reunion themed items inside, as well as food vouchers and a TAS 50th Reunion themed 32 paged colour magazine (published courtesy of Peterborough This Week)
- Catch up with your teachers and staff in the North Wing Cafeteria
- Tour the school – see what’s change and what has stayed the same,
- 50th Reunion merchandise available to purchase online and order forms will be available at the table – hoodies, t-shirts, scarves, ball caps, toques, and more,
- Photos will be taken throughout the weekend for the TAS 50th Reunion memory book. These will be available online after the reunion. (date to be determined and details available after the reunion)
- An entire wing dedicated to decade themed rooms. Drop by to leave messages for others alumni, and meet up with old friends all while enjoying decade themed music. Take a walk down memory lane as you look through the memorabilia, watch a slide show of photos from all the decades and much, much more,
- Art displays by current students in the library,
- Showcase featuring the Integrated Arts programs. Come to the auditorium to be entertained by students in the musical theatre, drama, art, dance, and music & band programs
- The TAS foundation will have a table set up for anyone who would like to make a donation towards scholarships for future graduates,
- A large plaque with a raised Griffin will be available for alumni to sign. This gorgeous piece of art has been made by alumni Bob Fee and after the reunion, is being donated to the school for display as a gift from the TAS 50th reunion alumni, (donate $ for your signature and to be part of history)
- Nominations for “Wall of Fame” will be available at a table throughout the weekend. Click here to find a nomination form
- Visit the display cases along the hallway beside the library that feature Canada’s Centennial memorabilia, each decade, memorabilia and photos,
- A Photo Booth with TAS 50th and Decade themes. A photographer will be taking photos in front of the TAS reunion logo, and ‘selfie’ sticks with sayings, decade themes, etc. will be available for fun photo opportunities. Photos will then be posted on our webpage after the reunion for you to download and keep; as well they will be within the memory book,
- Alumni, Staff and families/friends Social in the North Wing Cafeteria ~ ‘The Mingling Room’,
- Yearbooks for sale from each decade (any originals available) $10. Many alumni have shared that they have lost their yearbooks and would love to have them again. Once the originals have sold out, there will digital copies available to purchase $5
- We will have an “In Memoriam” display honouring those alumni and staff who are deceased,
- a Silent Auction ~ incredible prizes have been donated! Cash only accepted for silent auction bidders/winners!
PETES HOME GAME – 4:05pm at the Memorial Centre
- Join Petes Alumni at a special TAS 50th Reunion home game. The game will feature several activities highlighting the relationship between the Petes and TAS over the last 50 years, including TAS alumni involvement with the National anthem, and more. Special tickets are available for TAS alumni and their guests for $6 (Fun Zone, reg. price $12) and $13 (Regular Bowl, reg. price $21).
SATURDAY NIGHT – 8:00pm – 2:00am at The Venue – 286 George St North (the old downtown cinemas)
Dance, Dance, Dance the Night Away with a DJ and live Band entertainment… Another fun event as part of our reunion celebrations is a night of fantastic entertainment, dancing and catching up with alumni.
Saturday night, October 14th, 2017 8:00pm – 2:00am at The Venue
Incredible entertainment provided by alumni Dale Bolton, Terry Babcock and Alan Pinn.
- Dale is our DJ for the evening ~ Dale Bolton DJ services http://boltondiscjockeyservices.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx
- Terry, Alan and their mates are our Band for the evening ~ Four Lanes Wide
This is a casual affair ~ dress up, dress down, come as you are ~ just be there!
**** and much, much more ****